nedeľa 7. júna 2009

A Little Exotic Trip

Over the hills and far away... Ehm, okay, maybe not over the hills or exactly far, but we took a trip to an away city located 20 miles north to Bratislava. Senec (read Se-nje-s) is a small city, almost a village, with cute little shops, one little square and the best ice cream. 

My dad pretended, he is in NY, because he posed in front of gate to Chinese restaurant. My mom pretended she don´t know him. Jr. was running around and chasing birds, but he was really ammused by a little cellar window about his size. He must thought that´s a special window designed for him, because he got stuck by the window and refused to move for 15 minutes!

I tried to make some nice pics of him in front of a synagogue. We are not technically Jews, I mean, we are not Jews at all, but rumor has it my greatgrandma was Hungarian Jew, but no one from my family can confirm or refuse it. But for unknown reason I like old synagogues and fortunatelly, there is at least one in every bigger Slovak city. The buildings are usually empty, recluse and mysterious and I imagine all the people visiting the synagogue every week, the prayers silently whispered in the air, the secret looks between black-eyed Jewish girl in the women part of the building and a curly Jewish guy in the opposite part... I know in a Christian church it may be the same, but they lack the atmosphere of something hidden and special. I have been on Christian mass numerous time, but I have never been on a Jewish mass. It´s time to change!

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára